Committees and Task Forces
Through our committees and task forces, members exchange ideas, build consensus, and develop holistic solutions based on balanced industry views.
Add your Voice, Share Perspectives, Develop Solutions – Join a Committee and Task Force
Upon our formation, founding members spent considerable time developing a best-in-class governance structure to engage in shared learning and constructive consensus building while protecting differing member viewpoints. This includes:
- Accomplished Board of Directors composed of leaders across the breadth of the industry
- Member-developed agenda across all aspects of regulatory, legislative, judicial and markets matters
- Interactive, collaborative and member-led committee framework that promotes industry consensus building and unite divergent efforts
- Checks and balanced to ensure views of all member groups are reflected fairly and respectfully
Through our committees and task forces, members exchange ideas, build consensus, and develop holistic solutions based on balance industry views. Our structure ensures we convene all parties – both those involved with the creation of a fixed-income security and those who invest in them. When SFA takes a position, we have a broad range of perspectives incorporated into our view. Since we represent all participants in a transaction, long-term financial stability – in the structured finance markets – is a core principle of ours.
Industry Participant Committees
Our industry participant committees are a key component of our governance structure by:
- Providing a forum for individual constituency groups to separately discuss a wide-range of industry matters
- Evaluating relevant policy, regulatory, legislative and market developments to provide the participant group’ perspective in building Association consensus positions
- Engaging in select advocacy, with Association staff, to promote Association consensus positions
As such, membership in these participant committees are open to primary members in the related participant class or who are outside counsel who regularly advise the related participant class.
Market Participant Committees
Our market participant committees bring together the full membership community to evaluate relevant policy, regulatory, legislative and market developments as they relate to specific segments of the market.
Subject Matter Committees
Our subject matter committees bring together the full membership community to focus on broad themes and areas of interest. As such, they are open to all primary members who have an interest in the specified subject matter.
ESG Disclosure Initiative
Our ESG Disclosure Initiative brings together the full membership community to explore all market, regulatory, legislative and educational matters at the intersection of ESG and structured finance.
Issue Task Forces
We establish issue task forces to address discrete, isolated and/or time sensitive topic outside the purview of an, or not adequately addressed by, any existing member committees.