of top 25 U.S. issuers
of all major accounting firms and credit rating agencies
ABS institutional investors
Representing the full spectrum of industry participant groups across the structured finance market, the Structured Finance Association provides a unique and compelling value proposition - allowing us to develop industry-wide solutions, to provide policymakers with the full perspective of the industry and to present legislators and regulators with the holistic consequences of matters impacting the securitization market.
Affords access to policymakers and building industry solutions
- Membership size and mix provides the Structured Finance Association the ability to reach true industry solution
Promotes an extensive, in-depth policy and advocacy agenda
- Covers countless critical and timely issues
Views of ALL constituencies expressed – not only consensus views
Facilitates active engagement of investor membership
Provides top-notch member-driven conferences and symposia
- Hosts the world’s largest capital markets conference – over 8,000 participants at annual Vegas event
- Conferences are “by the industry for the industry”
- Coordinates frequent, issue-specific industry symposia and roundtables
- Significant conference registration fee savings with membership
Membership Categories and Dues
Membership of the Structured Finance Association is open to all participants of the structured finance market. Membership is broken into two categories: Primary/Institutional Members and Individual Members.
Our Institutional Membership categories and dues are tailored to the meet the breadth and varying sizes of our Member institutions. Institutional Membership is corporate-based with all employees receiving the benefits of membership, including:
- Access to some of the top industry bodies in the structured finance market
- Eligibility to join our industry committees and task forces
- Member-only calls on timely and topical issues
- Complimentary entry to select industry symposiums and member briefings
- Discounted membership rates to our annual Vegas conference and all other sponsored conferences
We assign dues according to the most relevant and comprehensive membership category of the institution, based on its market function and size. As such, any one institution that participates in multiple categories of the industry will be charged dues based upon the most relevant and most comprehensive category. Our membership dues are based upon a calendar year. For new members who join after the first quarter of the year, your first year’s membership dues will be pro-rata based on your join date. No membership dues will be refunded if membership is terminated or the member resigns prior to year-end. Compliance with the Tax Reform Act of 1993 requires that the portion of membership dues attributable to lobbying and political activities at the State and Federal levels of government be considered nondeductible for income tax purposes. We will disclose this nondeductible portion to members on their annual dues invoice each year.
We also welcome individuals as potential members. Our Individual category is intended for individuals who are currently displaced, retired, non-students, or have stepped away from the industry. If the individual is employed at a firm, the company would need to join as an institutional member to gain access. All Individual Membership is non-voting and non-advocacy.
For more information on membership, email [email protected].
Committees and Task Forces
Through our committees and task forces, Members exchange ideas, build consensus, and develop holistic solutions based on balance industry views. Our structure ensures we convene all parties - both those involved with the creation of a fixed-income security and those who invest in them. When the Structured Finance Association takes a position, we have a broad range of perspectives incorporated into our view. Since we represent all participants in a transaction, long-term financial stability – in the structured finance markets - is a core principle of ours.
Get answers to our most frequently asked questions.
What is the mission of the Structured Finance Association?
- The Structured Finance Association was established with the core mission of supporting a robust and liquid securitization market, recognizing that securitization is an essential source of core funding for the real economy. Under this mission, we are dedicated to:
- Educating members, legislators, regulators, and other constituencies about structured finance, securitization and related capital markets,
- Building the Broadest Possible Consensus among members on policy, legal, regulatory and other matters affecting or potentially affecting the industry
- Advocating with respect to policy, legal, regulatory and other matters affecting or potentially affecting the industry, and
- Core Principles of Governance, Financial Transparency, Inclusion and respectful accommodation of divergent member views.
Who is on the Structured Finance Association’s Board of Directors?
- The Structured Finance Association’s Board of Directors (Board) consists of representatives from 40 member organizations. The Board oversees all of the association’s activities including directing policy initiatives, advising on advocacy efforts, organizing educational events and ensuring the organization properly represents the full spectrum of views of its members.
Where is the Structured Finance Association’s office based?
- The Structured Finance Association’s office is located at 1776 I Street NW – Suite 501, Washington, D.C. 20006. The main number is 202-524-6300.
What are the Structured Finance Association’s membership dues?
- For more information on membership dues, email [email protected].
How do I join?
- Please complete our membership application.
I’m interested in learning more, who can I talk to?
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or to learn more about Structured Finance Association membership.