SFA ESG Institute
Establishing a Consistent Structured Finance ESG Disclosure Framework and Reporting Standards
Scroll down further to:
- Register for the 3rd Annual SFA ESG Symposium
- Register for ESG Roundtables at SFVegas 2022
- Register for SFA ESG Disclosure Framework and Reporting Standards Working Groups
- Read our latest SFA Research on ESG in Structured Finance
Join Our Disclosure Framework & Standards Working Group
The Structured Finance Association ESG Institute is taking its next step in developing an ESG Disclosure Framework for the structured finance market and the underlying reporting standards for each asset class – and we want you to be a part of it.
Hear how other investors, issuers, dealers, rating agencies, data analytic firms, etc. answer the following questions – and add your view to the conversation:
- Should an ESG framework for structured finance include sustainability factors that reflect the impact a deal has on the economy, environment, and society in addition to sustainability factors that have a financial impact on the securitization bonds themselves?
- Should ESG factors be considered over the life of the underlying trust assets? Should any be considered over a longer period?
- What environmental factors should be disclosed for an RMBS transaction? Is the data readily available? What consistent method could be used to source, calculate, and report such data? What about CMBS? CLOs? Other asset classes?
- What social financial and impact factors be disclosed for unsecured consumer loans? Should any disclosure be provided by the servicer?
- What does “G” in ESG mean for structured finance?
And so much more.
To build an industry consensus ESG disclosure framework and underlying standards that will achieve global adoption, we have established the following six working groups for our 1st phase of development:
- Structured Finance ESG Reporting Framework Working Group
- Auto ABS Working Group
- CLO Working Group
- CMBS Working Group
- RMBS Working Group
- Unsecured Consumer ABS Working Group
ESG Roundtables at SFVegas 2022
We need your input. Join our ESG roundtables at the SFVegas 2022 Conference (July 17 – 20) – register here – and provide your preference on which day(s) of the conference you’d like us to host the roundtables.
Separate roundtables will be hosted to discuss: Overall SF ESG Framework, Auto ABS ESG disclosure, CLO ESG disclosure, CMBS ESG disclosure, RMBS ESG disclosure and Unsecured Consumer ESG disclosure.
Save the Date: 3rd Annual SFA ESG Symposium
Join us for this year’s SFA ESG in Structured Finance Symposium, hosted May 3 – 4 in New York City. Our third annual event will delve into ESG, sustainability, and values-based investing in structured finance, strategic insight, and tactical guidance on how to accelerate integration plans, disclosure reporting for structured finance, and more.
Thank you to Cadwalader, our Venue Sponsor, for generously providing conference space for our event.
Driving to Green
Green auto ABS deals represented $3.5 billion of the $29 billion issuer-designated ESG securitizations offered in 2021. Proceeds from these auto ABS deals financed the purchase of green vehicles at Tesla and Toyota, the inaugural issuers of green auto ABS deals thus far. Read more.
Increased RMBS ESG Disclosure
Recently Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, SFA members and leaders in RMBS issuance, demonstrated their further commitment to ESG disclosure by providing corporate level disclosure in line with SASB disclosure. On the securitization level, leading private label RMBS issuers, Redwood Trust and Angel Oak have also begun making voluntary ESG disclosures. Read more.