Structured Finance Association
We are looking for a talented membership services manager to carry out all aspects of SFA’s membership onboarding and offboarding as well assist in the cultivation of sponsorship relationships for various SFA initiatives. In this role, you will implement outreach strategies for SFA membership, sponsored events such as our annual SFVegas conference, and industrywide initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (“DEI”) and Women in Securitization (“WiS”) programs. You will work closely with the Events and Marketing team on planning events and creating promotional materials. You will oversee the development and implementation of CRM changes that address current and future business needs. You will interpret member, event attendee, and sponsor engagement, trends, and feedback to identify opportunities to increase involvement.
The Membership Services Manager is an integral member of the SFA staff and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in both building relationships and implementing business processes. Ideally the candidate will have experience with membership organizations and a strong working knowledge of structured finance or the broader financial services sector.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement membership, event audience, and sponsorship development plans in accordance with SFA’s strategic plan
- Coordinate member engagement in support of SFA’s DEI and WiS initiatives
- Develop deep ongoing relationships with members and sponsors
- Identify opportunities for expansion of membership, sponsorship, and event audiences
- Collect and evaluate membership growth, retention, needs, and satisfaction
- Manage member communications, including responding to member inquiries and creating marketing materials such as new member welcome packs, membership brochures, and member listings
- Maintain accurate membership records and marketing databases within our CRM tool
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes
A limited amount of out-of-town travel will be required to attend SFA events. The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and there may be other activities you are required to deliver depending on business needs.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with a membership organization
- Proven track record of relationship management skills and techniques
- Fluency with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce
- Top-notch project management and organizational skills
- Initiative-taking, accountable, and able to set your own goals
- Adaptable, collaborative, and composed under pressure
- Ability to work in a high-performing environment, with an exceptional ability to prioritize
- Compelling communication skills
- Familiarity with the structured finance industry; interest in policy a plus
- Familiarity with digital and email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact
- Experience with workplace productivity platforms such as Asana and Formstack
Bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in business, marketing, or communications is a plus.
Structured Finance Association (SFA) is a member-based, industry advocacy group focused on improving and strengthening the structured finance market to helps its 370 institutional members and public policymakers grow credit availability and the real economy in a responsible manner while safeguarding essential protections for consumers and the financial system. SFA provides an inclusive network for capital markets and lending professionals to collaborate and, as industry leaders, drive necessary changes, be an advocate for the securitization community on Capitol Hill, share best practices and innovative ideas, and educate industry members through conferences and other programs. Members of SFA represent all sectors of the structured finance market including financial institutions, asset managers, insurance companies, broker-dealers, credit rating agencies, accounting firms, data and analytic firms, law firms, servicers, and trustees. Further information can be found at https://structuredfinance.org/.
WHAT SFA OFFERS
Our benefits package reflects our commitment to an inclusive workplace where you have access to the tools and support you need to do your best work. In addition to a competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus, we are proud to offer the following:
- Four (4) weeks of vacation/personal days and five (5) sick days annually
- Paid time off for observed holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth National Independence Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Business days between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Paid family and medical leave benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision benefits
- Life and Disability plans
We are committed to creating a workplace culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and are empowered to contribute to SFA’s vision and goals. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line should read “VP of Membership Services.”
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Recruiters – please do not contact