Summary of Position:
The Vice President of Business Development – Capital Markets will identify and acquire new business clients in home improvement, energy financing and marketplace lending with a dedicated focus on asset acquirers in the traditional securitization, private equity and hedge fund arena. Prospects may include states and local governments, efficiency and solar utilities and aggregators, financial institutions, online lenders and other capital providers. Responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new leads; developing and presenting loan servicing solutions to interested parties; enhancing existing relationships with clients; and collaborating with the Operations team to ensure client specific contractual agreements, applicable laws and specific policies and procedures are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network within related industries to identify potential client leads. Obtain pertinent data to design a pricing proposal and servicing agreement to obtain the client/business. Implements fulfillment by negotiating and defining contract intent and gaining agreement by client.
- Gain market intelligence through solid relationship with industry leaders, lenders, business advisors, regulatory officials, state and local governments and other circles of influence.
- Providing industry thought leadership and participating in speaking opportunities that promote
- Develop a service strategy/account plan for each client that integrates Concord products and services and cultivates the relationship. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Concord’s clients’ needs and their business goals.
- Create and maintain ongoing reporting within CRM that tracks sales pipeline and sales related
- Present to executive leadership team on new business
- Communicate client concerns and challenges to management Request management input and involvement when appropriate. Negotiate resolutions with internal staff and client contacts.
- Attend and participate in local, state, regional and national trade association chapters and other pertinent industry events as appropriate.
- Gather competitor and industry information and communicate to the management team as
- Active and up-to-date market knowledge and understanding of the energy financing marketplace and energy
- Has established contacts and the ability to network these contacts for the benefit of the
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to read, write and speak English Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information, both written and oral, and respond to questions from clients, customers and department/group managers. Must be persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented, possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as
- Position requires exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of
- Works Independently, with minimal supervision, towards corporate strategic
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Quick study of IT platforms such as Salesforce (CRM) and Concur (expense management).
- Must be willing to work more than 40 hours per week when business conditions or special projects make such scheduling
- Must be willing and able to travel as required by clients/projects. Typical travel requirements are 50-60% of monthly work
Physical Demands of Position:
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.