New York, NY
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
DBRS Morningstar is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a nationally recognized statistical rating organization (NRSRO). DBRS Morningstar has earned a reputation for innovation and excellence in the structured finance market and aims to increase market transparency by providing the highest-quality ratings, securities research, monitoring services, operational risk assessments, data, and technology solutions.
The DBRS Morningstar CMBS New Issue Ratings team is seeking a Vice President to support the analytical team in the credit risk assessment of commercial real estate loans and securitized products. In this position, the successful applicant will assist with various aspects of the ratings process, including reviewing third party data, conducting property and loan analysis, writing Asset Summary Reports, and supporting research and database projects.
This position is based in New York.
– Act as the lead analyst and manage the process of rating US CMBS transactions while maintaining compliance with DBRS Policies and Procedures.
– Obtain a solid understanding of DBRS quantitative models to assess credit worthiness of multi-borrower transactions as well as single-borrower transactions.
– Determine DBRS stabilized net cash flows for all property types, a variety of loan sizes ($2 million to >$1 billion) and unique loan structures including holdbacks and future funding components based on property performance and market dynamics.
– Conduct site inspections of all major commercial real estate property types throughout US.
– Compose and review detailed committee memos as well as published Presale and rating reports containing the culmination of research and DBRS analysis and opinions.
– Present loan level analysis and quantitative results and provide recommendations to the credit committee.
– Conduct market research and financial analysis to develop reports for DBRS published research, investor meetings and conferences.
– Respond to client and colleague inquiries regarding methodologies, transaction analysis and research.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a commercial real estate finance related field. The analyst should hold a degree in finance, real estate or a related area. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be analytical and highly attentive to detail. The candidate will be highly poised and possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. In addition, candidates must possess a high degree of proficiency in Excel as well as the intellectual curiosity to develop new applications and to perform complex analyses. Well-developed business writing skills are also required. All necessary documents are required for international travel.