Westlake Village, CA
The SVP, Portfolio Investments is responsible for managing the Company’s MSR investments. This includes MSR pricing for new production loans, MSR acquisitions, and ongoing monitoring and management of the MSR investment portfolio. The Portfolio Manager (MSRs) also works closely with many other parts of the organization and will be responsible for communicating and coordinating across the Company for all MSR-related initiatives. The Portfolio Manager (MSRs) will also manage a team to support these functions.
- Develop and maintain mortgage servicing rights (MSR) pricing for new production loans, based on loan attributes, by working in close partnership with the Financial Analysis & Valuation (FAV) and Model Validation groups.
- Conduct periodic back testing of models and assumptions to refine granular pricing approach and improve accuracy
- Monitor collateral profile and win rates to ensure loan production meets desired characteristics
- Collaborate with senior management of the production channels and margin management on pricing strategies to account for changing market and competitive conditions
- Cultivate relationships with MSR sellers (direct) and MSR brokers to ensure visibility into all MSR investment opportunities in the market
- Develop, evaluate and execute bulk, mini-bulk and flow MSR acquisition opportunities that meet risk-adjusted financial return requirements
- Monitor performance of MSR investment portfolios, including benchmarking returns, prepayment speeds and delinquency relative to peers and comparable collateral
- Build controls and processes to ensure zero defect execution on activities within areas of responsibility
- Support MSR financing efforts by providing required information and analyses for internal and external parties
- Strengthen relationship with all trading counterparties and financing partners
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- A Master’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related field of study and or a CFA are preferred
- 10+ years of mortgage market experience.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a team of investment professionals
- Knowledge of the fixed income market and specifically mortgage servicing rights
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendations on investment opportunities in the market
- Must be a proven leader capable of delivering results in a timely manner
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with Executive Management and coordinate with other groups across the organization