Structured Finance Association
In this role, you will play a crucial role in shaping and implementing SFA’s holistic communications strategies to help increase SFA’s visibility. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated communications professional with public policy
experience; a background in financial services policy is a plus. You will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communications and public relations activities relative to the
strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. You will be an ambassador of SFA responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the media to maintain a steady drumbeat of news coverage for the organization. You will be in charge of SFA’s varied and integrated communications products and services, including but not limited to weekly newsletters, member alerts, press releases, website content, annual reports, and social media posts.
- Assist in the development and execution of a holistic communications plan as directed by executive management
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with financial services beat reporters
- Serve as the main media point of contact and manage incoming press inquiries
- Develop pitch strategies to increase visibility for the organization and its senior leadership team
- Manage weekly newsletter development and distribution process
- Draft op-eds and secure placement in relevant publications
- Create press releases
- Create and produce SFA’s annual report in partnership with the marketing team
- Work with marketing team to manage and increase organization’s digital footprint, including all social media channels
- Prepare and edit a wide range of high-quality, well-targeted policy and advocacy materials, including blogs, talking points, website updates and other outputs – engaging a diverse range of constituents to raise the
profile of SFA and our policy positions
- Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and there may be other activities you are required to deliver depending on business needs.
- Significant experience managing communications that includes a blend of public policy and media relations, including working with reporters
- Possession of a roster of strong media contacts, ideally in financial services outlets and D.C./N.Y. media
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with reporters and editors and in successfully
positioning subject matter with the media
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to provide samples
- Experience preparing and delivering effective summaries on complex issues
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills
- Strong understanding of current trends in digital media
- Experience managing content across multiple channels
- Ability to execute in a high-demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Familiarity with the structured finance market
The Structured Finance Association (SFA) is a large and still growing member-based trade association advocacy group focused on improving and strengthening the broader structured finance market’s ability to provide capital to American households and businesses. SFA provides an inclusive network for securitization professionals to collaborate and, as industry leaders, drive necessary changes, advocate for the lending and capital markets and structured finance community, share best practices and innovative ideas, and educate industry members through conferences and other programs. SFA represents more than 370 institutional members from all sectors of the securitization market including lenders, issuers, investors, financial intermediaries, law firms, accounting firms, technology firms, rating agencies, servicers, and trustees.
Further information can be found at https://structuredfinance.org/.
What SFA Offers
Our benefits package reflects our commitment to an inclusive workplace where you have access to the tools and support you need to do your best work. In addition to a competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus, we are proud to offer the following:
• Four (4) weeks of vacation/personal days and five (5) sick days annually
• Paid time off for observed holidays
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Paid family and medical leave benefits
• Comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Flexible spending accounts
• Vision benefits
• Life and Disability plans
We are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and are empowered to participate and contribute to SFA’s vision and goals.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All
aspects of employment are based on qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line should read “Director of Communications.” Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Recruiters – please do not contact.