New York, NY
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
CMBS New Deal Senior Analyst is a hybrid role where the analyst performs a mix of lead analyst and support analyst duties.
- Act as the lead analyst and manage the process of rating US CMBS transactions while maintaining compliance with DBRS Morningstar Policies and Procedures.
- Determine DBRS Morningstar stabilized net cash flows for all property types, a variety of loan sizes ($2 million to >$1 billion) and unique loan structures including holdbacks and future funding components based on property performance and market dynamics.
- Conduct market research and financial analysis for rating committees, investor meetings and conferences.
- Conduct site inspections of all major property types on a nationwide basis.
- Compose detailed Presale reports distributed to investors containing the culmination of research and analysis.
- Provide credit analysis and use quantitative models to assess credit worthiness for multi-loan pooled transactions as well as single-borrower transactions.
- Present loan level analysis, quantitative results and provide recommendations to the credit committee.
- Assist senior members of the team to develop reports for investors and for presentations to be delivered at conferences.
- Serve as a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Respond to client and colleague inquiries regarding methodologies, analysis and research.
The successful candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in a commercial real estate finance related field. The analyst should hold a degree in finance, real estate or a related area. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment with an analytical mind and an attention to detail. The candidate will be highly poised and possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. In addition, candidates must possess a high degree of proficiency in Excel as well as the intellectual curiosity to develop new applications and to perform complex analyses. Well-developed writing skills are also required. All necessary documents are required for domestic and international travel.
How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar
Step 1: When you find a position you’re interested in, click the ‘Apply’ button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
Step 2: You will receive an email notification to confirm that we’ve received your application.
Step 3: If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you’re a good fit for Morningstar and we’re a good fit for you, we’ll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your interview—either with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.