New York, NY
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
If you received and accept an offer from us, we require that personal and any related investments be disclosed confidentiality to our Compliance team (days vary by region). These investments will be reviewed to ensure they meet Code of Ethics requirements. If any conflicts of interest are identified, then you will be required to liquidate those holdings immediately. In addition, dependent on your department and location of work certain employee accounts must be held with an approved broker (for example all, U.S. employee accounts). If this applies and your account(s) are not with an approved broker, you will be required to move your holdings to an approved broker.
About the Role
The DBRS Morningstar U.S. RMBS team is looking for a ratings analyst at the Senior Analyst level. The role is based in New York, New York as part of the Global Structured Finance team.
The successful candidate will primarily conduct all the activities required to assign new ratings for U.S. residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) transactions as well as other relevant rating actions. The candidate should be willing to work in an environment with a strong focus on teamwork and have strong work ethics, an analytical and quantitatively oriented mind-set, and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills necessary to work with all levels of professionals, executives, and external contacts. The role offers wide opportunities to develop structured finance experience in a client facing environment.
This position is based in New York City.
– 2 years or more experience working in professional setting, preferably bank or accounting firms.
– Develop an understanding of credit & legal aspects of structured finance transactions in the residential mortgage product area.
– Focus on key credit issues during the new issue rating process.
– Perform transaction analysis including analysis of collateral, deal structure, and legal issues.
– Act as a back-up analyst on structured finance transactions, and present analysis to rating committee.
– Participate in criteria development and enhancement of structured finance models.
– Review results of banker cash flow models and provide feedback on structural aspects of transactions.
– Produce and publish newsletters with minimal supervision.
– Participate in meetings with bankers, investors, and originators.
– Completion of bachelor’s degree in finance, math, economics, computer science, engineering, or any other related field.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office programs.
– Excellent analytical skills with focused attention to detail.
– Personable, eager to learn, organized, deadline driven, and systems oriented.
– Cash flow structuring experience.
– General Structured Finance experience.
Nice to have
– Master’s degree in finance, math, economics, computer science, engineering, or any other related field.
– VBA, Python, or other basic programming skills.