Apollo Global Management, Inc.
New York, NY
Apollo is seeking a Principal to join our global Structured Credit & Asset-Backed Securities (“ABS”) group within our Credit platform. The Principal will primarily focus on ABS and will lead the structuring and execution of ABS transactions, with an emphasis on esoteric ABS sectors such as aircraft, whole business securitization, digital infrastructure, entertainment royalties, and equipment. Transactions will largely be driven by the Apollo origination network and from their operating platforms so a strong background in ABS banking is a requisite.
- Full securitization process management including application of Rating Agency methodology, investor cash flow modeling, communication with counsel and rating agencies on documentation and transaction execution, and negotiations with transaction counterparties.
- Work with multiple functional groups, including Apollo PE / FIG, Redding Ridge, and our operating platforms, to develop new products and structure innovative solutions for our existing businesses.
- Present and defend investment recommendations to the Investment Committee.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years of ABS structuring experience.
- Understanding of Rating Agency Methodology.
- Deep familiarity with ABS deal documentation and experience working with external counsel.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Intex.
- Strong presentation and communication abilities, detail orientation, and exceptional technical skillset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rigorous work environment; demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities – must demonstrate a proactive, positive attitude toward given tasks.
- Self-starter with a willingness to execute projects on a small, nimble team.
- A team-oriented and collaborative attitude is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.