Role Value Proposition:
We presently seek a candidate in the Office of the Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) for a unique and exciting opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of how the Investments Department investment strategy and process comes together. In this role, you will support the AVP, OCIO, and work directly with members of MetLife Investment Management’s (MIM) Management Committee and the Affiliated Insurance Companies (AIC) senior leadership team. You will have responsibility for assisting in the compilation of high-level analysis of critical portfolio information for use by the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and his direct reports, MetLife’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Investment Committee of MetLife’s Board of Directors and MetLife shareholders.
- Manage the production of key internal and external meeting materials, including the Earnings Call package, Investment Committee Book, Investment Look Forward Presentation and Rating Agency meetings.
- Coordinate Investments’ content to fulfill requests from the Corporate Secretary’s Office (CSO), Global Government Relations and Group Insurance, including company relationship reports and investment information by state.
- Assist with the preparation of comprehensive financial analyses for internal and external CIO meetings to effectively convey Investments’ portfolio strategy and key business messages.
- Gather information for Request for Proposal / Request for Information responses on behalf of Investments, often requiring high-level coordination with Legal, Investor Relations and Risk Management.
- Support the AVP, OCIO, in various aspects of daily unit functioning and frequent ad hoc high-profile requests under fixed deadlines.
- Partner closely with members of the OCIO, Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and the CSO.
- Work closely with MIM and AIC senior leadership, Middle Office, Investments’ CFO and Chief Counsel in the coordination and vetting of departmental information.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ investment operations/reporting experience
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate with internal organizations across the company
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize deliverables
- MBA or CFA
- Familiarity with fixed income investments
- Comprehension of Asset-Liability Management concepts
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.