Who We Are
Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably has recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by BostInno, HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
We’re looking for an experienced and energetic Director of Legal, Capital to serve as the lead lawyer supporting our Capital team.
As our Director of Legal, Capital you’ll work directly with Hometap’s Capital, Finance, and executive team to structure, negotiate, document, and bring corporate financing transactions to a successful close. Reporting to the General Counsel, you’ll help continue to build out the legal infrastructure supporting our Capital team and be directly involved in driving Hometap’s growth. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an experienced transactional lawyer with a deep background in asset-backed lending, joint ventures, securitizations, and other financing transactions, an eye for detail, and a drive to be part of a mission-critical function.
Roles & Responsibilities
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the lead attorney for Hometap’s capital finance transactions, including providing guidance on deal structure, negotiating and managing transaction documents, and developing a precedent library.
- Collaborate with Capital, Finance, and other stakeholder teams to develop and implement Hometap’s securitization platform.
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert on capital finance, securitizations, and other fundraising transactions.
- Build and manage relationships with outside counsel to drive long-term transaction efficiency.
- Document the deal processes, identify areas for improvement, and take action to optimize our transaction flow as we continue to grow.
- Provide legal support on other transactional matters as needed.
Professional Experience, Skills & Qualifications
What You’ll Bring
- Experience as the primary lawyer on capital finance, securitization, and other financing transactions.
- A practical, business-savvy approach to supporting transactions.
- Strong commitment to best-in-class customer service and extreme attention to detail.
- A love for optimization and experimentation in order to achieve better results.
- A hands-on, curious attitude, along with a passion for exploring emerging industries.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish.