Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
New York, NY
The DEI Specialist is primarily responsible for working with the DEI team to support the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, including the development of practices to recruit, retain and promote diverse attorneys, coordination and implementation of firm efforts to support an inclusive culture.
· Support firmwide affinity group management and administration
· Support in data collection and reporting for certifications, surveys, and internal requests Participate in the communications, event planning and logistics for firmwide DEI programming, including heritage month celebrations and training sessions
· Ensure support of and outreach to law school identity-focused organizations
· Proactively build relationships with different stakeholders across the firm, including attorney development human resources, marketing, business development, pro bono and communications
· Collaborate in budget planning and track spending for the department
· Keep abreast of industry DEI trends and best practices, including global landscape and challenges
· Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and lead the development of those improvements
· All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
· Available to work overtime, as required
· proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
· Experience performing quantitative and comparative data validation and analytics
· Demonstrated understanding of Excel and ability to build and maintain spreadsheets, utilize pivot tables and advanced formulas, identify and track trends over time, determine attrition rates, and other key metrics as needed.
· Ability to communicate takeaways, methodologies and assumptions for data analysis
· 3+ years of experience working in a diversity, equity and inclusion role.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Law firm or professional services industry experience
· A passion for DEI efforts
· Detail-orientated, organized and process driven
· High attention to detail
· Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of department information
· Strong problem solving, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills.
· Self-motivated and self-starter, looks for growth opportunities, takes leadership to develop solutions when answers are not readily apparent
· Team player with the ability to form independent relationships across multiple departments
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.