New York, NY
Citi Treasury Investments (CTI) operates within Corporate Treasury to lead the investment of Citi’s major liquidity portfolios and raise long term debt and capital as well as the return of capital to shareholders through a share repurchase program. The CTI Capital Markets (CTI CM) group is responsible for these actions for Citi across a variety of borrowings programs – including structured notes, unsecured benchmark and credit card securitizations. CTI CM is responsible for the execution and strategic oversight across these initiatives, including the design of both the share repurchase program and execution of benchmark debt offerings, including two credit card securitization vehicles. The group also oversees all local country issuance in non-USD subsidiaries. We are responsible for the strategic design and implementation of the annual funding plan and CCAR capital actions as it pertains to preferred stock and subordinated debt issuance and liability management and for the Firm’s ESG initiatives such as Green Bonds and Social Impact Bonds. Additionally, CTI CM provides regular updates to Senior Management, Regulators as well as Fixed Income Investor Relations. The group is also responsible for presentations related to broader credit markets and structural initiatives for Regulators and Senior Management as well as various committees (ALCO, Capital Committee, Investments Meeting).
The Securitization team within CTI CM is responsible for operating Citi’s Credit Card Securitization vehicles and oversight of Citi’s global Securitization Standards. This role will both assist in the management of Citi’s existing Card Securitization vehicles, funding goals, monitoring the market and peer activities/cash flows, and support new Structural initiatives that span the balance sheet globally. Communications to Senior management, Regulators, investor relations, and various Senior risk committees are an integral part of the role. The role also requires ongoing discussions and partnerships with the credit card businesses and other groups within Treasury such as Global Liquidity Management, Capital and Resolution Planning, and Balance Sheet Management. CTI CM partners closely with the Citi Institutional Client Group and Capital Markets Origination.
1. Support Rating Agency Relations and Investor Relations for the Card Securitization Programs
2. Work with Cards Business Accounting and Operations Teams in support of managing monthly and quarterly reporting as well as Trust asset pool account additions and removals
3. Conduct peer analysis of offering documents, monthly cashflow reports and GAAP Financials.
4. Liaise and develop relationships with Broker-Dealers across the Street from global banks for market updates issuance recommendations and deal specific color as well as monitor trading relationships / issuance activities and sell-side research
5. Partner closely with the Credit Card Businesses to ensure a deep fundamental understanding of the credit card portfolios
6. Coordinate and collaborate with balance sheet and liquidity teams to provide analytics and input related to capital metrics and key liquidity ratios
7. Support broader Capital Markets team to develop issuance recommendations and craft presentations for Senior management, Regulators and fixed income investor relations
8. Support LIBOR transition efforts for funding vehicles on behalf of Treasury
9. Operate under a strong governance framework to ensure compliance with regulations and within Citi’s risk appetite framework.
• 5+ years of experience working in a Structured Finance role
• Strong Working knowledge of Asset Backed Security Structures, Markets & Rating Agency Modeling Approaches
• Bachelor of Science Degree
• Practical understanding of SEC Regulation AB I & II Reporting Requirements
• Strong Power Point, Excel and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently and develop reports and presentations
• Strong ability to work collaboratively across many different groups in different regions
• Highly motivated and interested in learning about different products and overall Balance Sheet Management
• High energy, self-starter with a desire to show creative ideas and continued progress
• CFA or MBA a plus