Toronto, ON; New York, NY
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
The Role: Newly created, cross functional role within DBRS Morningstar to serve as the Single Point of Coordination (“SPOC”) between DBRS Morningstar analysts, Morningstar Equity data team, Pitchbook on all data related issues across Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Corporates and other fundamental data related tools and processes
This position is based in New York or Toronto.
– Prioritize workload based on DBRSM FIG needs.
– New Entity & Urgent requests for Ratings Committee.
– Report data errors and track to resolution; coordinate additional training on new or updated data collection methodologies and new data fields.
– Ratio calculations: new & updates to existing calculations, ratios.
– Monitor Equity Data Service Level Agreements (SL) for timeliness and accuracy.
– Coordinate DBRSM FIG Subject Matter Expert “SME” quarterly meetings for consistent standards.
– Enhance user experience of data by analysts.
– Expansion of coverage to additional NBFIs, Insurance, unrated banks.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar.
– 3-5 years experience in financial analysis using financial statement data as an analyst OR relevant experience at a vendor providing financial data to analysts.
– Experience working with global banks, insurance companies, & non-bank financial Institutions data highly desirable.
– Project management skills, attention to detail & experience working with off-shore teams desirable.