Where you’ll work:
Our flexible, hybrid work model offers the option to work remotely or in the office.
How you’ll contribute:
As an Associate, you will work actively with senior members of Brighthouse’s Investments team to provide analytical and quantitative support for the structured finance portfolio including ABS, CLOs, CMBS and RMBS. The Associate will assist in the oversight and management of outside investment managers through data evaluation, investment analysis, and performance measurement. The individual will prepare presentation materials and other reports for senior management and will support Brighthouse’s asset allocation and portfolio management decisions. The Asset Management Group of Brighthouse Financial is responsible for the strategic and tactical asset allocation of the Company’s approximately $110 billion investment portfolio, utilizing an outsourced investment manager model.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Participate and provide support in the oversight of external managers for the structured finance/securitized product portfolios.
- Monitor portfolio activity and data integrity.
- Develop and maintain analytical spreadsheets and models for the relevant sectors.
- Prepare data and provide analytical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and periodic reporting for senior management and board of directors.
- Monitor news and market developments, particularly with regard to structured finance.
- Participate in research projects on asset sectors and portfolio management.
- Participate in the assessment of new investment proposals/strategies.
Professional Experience, Skills & Qualifications
We’re looking for people who have:
- Strong background in financial or quantitative analysis.
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced technical skills, including database management and programming.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of markets and background in fundamental credit analysis.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and proven ability to meet stringent time constraints.
- Knowledge and interest in current events/trends impacting industry and markets.
- Experience in financial markets/investments preferred.
- Experience with Bloomberg and Aladdin preferred.
- BS/BA in economics, finance, or mathematics preferred.
- MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in structured finance/securitization.
What you’ll receive:
Compensation – Base salary ranging from $100,000 – $145,000 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results.
Flexible Work Environment – Work remotely or in the office to better thrive in all areas of life.
Paid Time Off – Recharge with a minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 16 paid company holidays per calendar year plus paid volunteer time and paid study time.
Financial Health – Work toward achieving your financial goals through our 401(k) savings plan with company match (up to 6%) and annual company nondiscretionary contribution (3%), 15% employee stock purchase plan discount, and financial counseling services.
Health and Wellness – Enjoy competitive medical, vision, and dental plans plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family.
Family Support – Care for loved ones with up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up dependent care, dependent care flexible spending account, and up to a $25,000 lifetime maximum during your adoption, infertility, or surrogacy journey.
Life and Disability Support – Gain access to company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
The company and your department may occasionally gather in person throughout the year to foster a culture of belonging and promote team building. We’d love for you to join us during those company-wide and department-wide events to help you strengthen connections across the company.
Why join us?
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Our company is one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S.,* and we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts.
We empower employees to collaborate, bring their passion to work, and make an impact. Our inclusive work environment fosters a culture that celebrates diverse backgrounds and experiences. You can find out more about our company culture by visiting brighthousefinancial.com/about-us/careers/.
We’re proud to be a Fortune® 500 company** and recognized as one of the Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal. We’re also honored to be named to Newsweek’s list of Most Trustworthy Companies in America.
* Ranked by 2022 admitted assets. Best’s Review®: Top 200 U.S. Life/Health Insurers. AM Best, 2023.
** From FORTUNE © 2023 Fortune Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune 500 are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse the products or services of, Brighthouse Financial.