Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
New York, NY
The Attorney Development Department handles all aspects of attorney development initiatives including first year associate orientation programs, mentoring, evaluations, compensation, department specific training, firm-wide training, diversity initiatives and general attorney policies.
- Direct attorneys to resources within the Firm to help resolve concerns or issues and coordinate available resources to find solutions.
- Track department calendar of activities and identifying potential conflicts with other firm events.
- Manage meeting and program logistics including scheduling, securing meeting rooms, coordinating meeting room set-up and materials, and trouble-shooting.
- Draft and distribute firm-wide electronic invitations.
- Assist with maintaining and updating all CLE and lawyer training and professional development files and records.
- Help coordinate first year associate program and firm-wide training programs
- Help coordinate diversity initiatives and programs
- Help coordinate pro bono initiatives and programs
- Perform ongoing administrative tasks for the department such as: Update budget tracking spreadsheets and other department reports; Department correspondence; Maintain files; Data entry and database maintenance
- Coordinate and attend attorney functions and is a visible part of the Firm culture.
- Provide phone coverage.
- Assist Managers of Attorney Development and Director in various projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; background with Survey Monkey
- excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
- the ability to work collaboratively with others and interact with all levels of staff
- professional demeanor
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.
About Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, a global law firm established in 1792, serves a diverse client base, including many of the world’s leading financial institutions and corporations in more than 50 countries. We have earned a reputation for crafting innovative business and financial solutions and developing precedent-setting legal strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
With more than 400 attorneys in New York, Charlotte, Washington and London, we offer clients unparalleled experience and insight across a wide range of areas, including antitrust, banking, bankruptcy and insolvency, business fraud, corporate finance, corporate governance, energy and commodities, environmental, executive compensation, healthcare, insurance, intellectual property, investment funds, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, municipal finance, private equity, private wealth, real estate, regulation, restructuring, securitization, structured finance and tax matters.