Attorney – Corporate and Securities Group
Ford is looking for an enthusiastic and talented attorney to join its Corporate and Securities Group in the Office of the General Counsel. The Corporate and Securities Group is comprised of a high-functioning team of professionals who love working together and partnering with their business colleagues. This role will begin remotely and will later transition in-person to Ford’s world headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, reporting directly to Ford’s Assistant General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys a fair amount of autonomy, and values the opportunity to work directly with members of senior management.
The Corporate and Securities Group is responsible for a variety of significant matters, including:
- SEC Reporting and Disclosure matters (Annual Reports on Form 10-K; Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q; Current Reports on Form 8-K; Earnings Releases);
- Funding matters (Transactions to Issue, Purchase, or Exchange Securities of Ford and its captive finance subsidiary, Ford Credit; NYSE and Other Exchange Listings; Development of New Securitization, Structured Finance and Unsecured Debt Programs; Ford’s Corporate Credit Facility; Foreign Affiliate Financing)
- Corporate Governance matters (Proxy Statement; Executive Compensation; Insider Trading Rules; Board of Directors meetings)
Ford is seeking a candidate with experience taking the lead in ‘34 Act matters and/or ‘33 Act matters, with a willingness to assist with the Corporate and Securities Group’s other practice areas as the need arises.
- 3-8 years of experience at a major law firm or large corporation successfully managing securities related matters
- Experience advising on SEC ‘34 Act matters (preparing SEC Reports and earnings releases; Reg FD compliance; responding to SEC Comment Letters) and/or ‘33 Act matters (preparation of SEC Registration Statements, Prospectuses, and Offering Documents)
- Experience with Corporate Governance related matters involving public companies (Proxy Statement; Executive Compensation; Board matters) is a plus
- Member of Michigan bar at hire or within 6 months thereafter
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; ability to manage multiple internal stakeholders and balance differing opinions and perspectives; strong verbal and analytical skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; highly team-oriented; a commitment to professionalism; a sense of humor; an open mind; flexibility as to the types of projects assigned; solid business acumen; willingness to work outside of normal business hours; and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure are required