Arch Mortgage Insurance Company
Raleigh, NC; Remote-US
Arch Mortgage Insurance Company is the flagship U.S.-based mortgage insurer of Arch Capital Group Ltd., a leading insurance and reinsurance company operating through its subsidiaries worldwide. Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, our company is committed to our employees and our customers. Our Total Rewards package offers competitive pay and valuable benefits. Plus you’ll have access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth.
The Associate, Secondary Markets – Arch Mortgage Funding will be responsible for developing and enhancing financial tools required to execute the activities of Arch’s Jumbo Prime and Non-QM secondary mortgage conduit. This function at AMF includes pricing, hedging, funding and determining optimal loan disposition and portfolio management strategies.
The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, collegial, small team environment including interaction with SVP, VP and Sr. Analyst.
Arch Mortgage Funding is a new and growing company with a strong global parent – Arch Capital Group Ltd. If you’re interested in joining a dynamic company and working with a team of motivated, high-caliber people, apply today and come grow with us!
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an Associate you will be responsible for developing solutions and effectively communicating ideas to senior management and external parties. In addition, the Associate will assist in the development of Analysts.
1. Develop and enhance AMF base pricing and LLPA process and delivery to market participants including provision to appropriate banks, vendors and third-party relationships.
2. Establish exit strategies for AMF aggregated loans including whole loan sales and securitization, including working with manager to develop take out buyers and negotiation of MLPAs and correspondent relationships. The Associate must be able to clearly communicate the company’s intent and drive results.
3. Develop and implement interest rate risk management strategies for the AMF pipeline.
4. Anticipate and create solutions in conjunction with AMF partners in operations and finance departments to assess impacts of secondary market changes such as hedging needs, reporting datasets and effective pricing comparisons and strategies.
5. Create effective ways to communicate the AMF results and collaborate on reporting with other parties as needed, including ERM and Operations.
6. Lead build-out of internal pricing including establishing appropriate credit, housing and product options.
7. Assist in market surveillance and trade support functions as they relate to securitization and whole loan trade execution.
8. Work with multiple platform vendors to accomplish secondary market goals including modeling, fulfillment, servicing, custodian and trustee.
9. Develop and evaluate daily position reports for loan collateral, retained securities and the short position associated with managing interest rate risk for the AMF portfolio.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
1. Knowledge of US residential mortgage lending business with deep understanding of the Jumbo and Non-QM markets.
2. Advanced technical skills including programming proficiency with VBA, SAS, SQL and R.
3. Understanding of the mortgage financing chain from origination to securitization.
4. Demonstrate proficiency and perform credit analysis leveraging Bloomberg, Intex, S&P Levels.
5. Advanced proficiency utilizing Microsoft office products, especially Excel, and analytical tools including Bloomberg, Intex Desktop, and ADCo Loan Kinetics or similar models.
6. Prior experience monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on capital markets particularly fixed income and interest rates.
7. Customer focused with excellent communications skills including ability to communicate and influence senior management.
8. Analytical and critical thinking skills to create meaningful analysis to facilitate strategic decision making. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
9. Highly collaborative with an ability to effectively prioritize workflow and focus on meeting deadlines.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
Required Education & Experience:
1. Relevant Prime Jumbo and/or Non-QM mortgage markets background.
2. Exceptional analytical skills particularly as applied to financial, economic, and business analysis with the ability to apply them to daily business operating functions.
3. Current knowledge of the US Residential Mortgage Market including its rules and regulations.
4. Very well developed written and oral communication skills.
Desired Education & Experience:
1. Preferred Master’s degree in business, economics, finance or related field or relevant experience.
2. Preferred 4-8 years direct experience working with private label RMBS, including cash flow modelling, deal structures, and the related bond mathematics.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Normal office environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Job.
2. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
3. Travel: minimum 0% – 15%.
Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.