New York, NY
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Asset Backed Commercial Paper team with our Structured Finance Group is hiring an Associate Lead Analyst 1 in New York. The ABCP team is responsible for initial credit ratings and surveillance of ABCP issued transactions across 58+ US monitored programs including bank sponsored, non-bank sponsored and LOC-backed programs. They are also responsible for credit ratings of trade receivables programs in the US.
As an Associate Lead Analyst 1, you will analyze quantitative, qualitative and credit aspects of a portfolio of 10-15 ABCP programs, and existing structured credit and corporate ABS transactions. This analysis includes cash flows, deal-level financial modeling, and the review and substantiation of legal documents. As the Associate Lead Analyst 1 for transactions, they will independently lead rating committees and discussions, communicate their analysis during internal and external meetings, and write accurate and insightful research. They will also communicate with clients, participate in operations reviews of issuers, and work on special projects intended to enhance Moody’s analytics and research.
Professional Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of structured finance, credit analysis and/or credit ratings experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of structured finance and/or Asset Backed Commercial Paper (ABCP)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient analytical skills (quantitative, qualitative)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel for modeling, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with others as well as work independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks with a high degree of accuracy and timely delivery