Structured Finance Association
We are looking for an engaging, energetic, and organized individual to support SFA in its day-to-day activities. The Associate Executive Specialist is a high-impact position within the SFA team that works directly with the organization’s executive leadership as well as represents the organization externally to SFA’s member firms. The successful candidate will possess the necessary skills to react with appropriate urgency to situations that require quick turnaround, take effective action, and proactively solve problems. A keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously is required. The Associate Executive Specialist is an integral member of the SFA staff and reports to the Head of Finance & Administration.
Roles & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver with strong communication skills and impeccable attention to detail. The ability to multitask, manage complex schedules, and meet challenging deadlines is essential to the position.
- Provide a high level of professional support, which includes a balance of experienced executive-level administrative support as well ongoing ad hoc business initiatives such as planning meetings, tracking deliverables, and pulling routine reports
- Serve as key administrative support for committee and task force meetings with SFA members, including calendaring meetings, managing correspondence with members and assisting with the accuracy and completeness of related records
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements, calendars, and meetings for the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer
- Prepare and modify documents, including correspondence, presentations, and reports for executive team
- Manage executive communications, both internally and externally, to maintain the company’s professional image, including responding to general company inquiry phone calls and email correspondence
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Top-notch organizational skills with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time-sensitive projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, with confidence interacting with all levels of an organization both orally and in writing
- Highly motivated self-starter who is accountable and willing to carry out a wide range of activities both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, including the ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills, including pivot table knowledge
- Proficient in drafting and proof-reading written documents utilizing proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling with a strong attention to detail and a sharp focus on eliminating errors
- Proficient office equipment (phone and voicemail systems, copiers, scanners, etc.) skills, as well as a working knowledge of mail processes such as FedEx and UPS and the aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- Customer-service focus, with the ability to respond to requests and provide updates in a timely manner
- Adaptable, collaborative, and composed under pressure
- Experience working in a membership organization
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experience with workplace productivity platforms such as Asana and Formstack
- Experience with expense reporting software such as Certify or Concur
- Ability to work at the office location of 1776 I Street in Washington, D.C. at least 4 days a week (Monday – Thursday)
- An undergraduate degree is required.
Structured Finance Association (SFA) is a member-based, industry advocacy group focused on improving and strengthening the structured finance market to helps its 370 institutional members and public policymakers grow credit availability and the real economy in a responsible manner while safeguarding essential protections for consumers and the financial system. SFA provides an inclusive network for capital markets and lending professionals to collaborate and, as industry leaders, drive necessary changes, be an advocate for the securitization community on Capitol Hill, share best practices and innovative ideas, and educate industry members through conferences and other programs. Members of SFA represent all sectors of the structured finance market including financial institutions, asset managers, insurance companies, broker-dealers, credit rating agencies, accounting firms, data and analytic firms, law firms, servicers, and trustees. Further information can be found at https://structuredfinance.org/.