New York, NY
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
The Structured Credit and Research team is hiring an Analyst in New York. The Structured Credit and Research team is responsible for credit ratings for a portfolio of 1000+ rated structured finance transactions. As an Analyst, you will analyze the quantitative, structural and credit aspects of corporate CLOs and other structured credit transactions. You will be expected to lead rating committees and offer their analysis of the potential credit impact of the terms of the transaction documents. You will also work on special research projects intended to enhance Moody’s analytics and research.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Model cash flow CLOs and analyze transaction documents for the purpose of determining credit risk and ratings.
- Prepare rating committee memos and present rating recommendations to rating committees
- Communicate with clients, including arrangers, issuers, investors, and outside legal experts
- Write publishable research, including transaction-related reports and articles on credit issues affecting the industry
- Participate in on-site operations reviews of issuers
- Work on projects and pursue thought leadership initiatives that enhance rating analysis and processes
Professional Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, Master’s) or undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor’s) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of structured finance, credit analysis and/or credit ratings experience
- Knowledge of fixed income markets and/or structured credit products (i.e., CLOs)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Highly proficient analytical skills (quantitative, qualitative)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel for modeling, cash flow analysis, etc.
- Experience with programming (VBA, Python, R, SQL), statistical analysis, and/or other structured finance analytical tools, a plus
- Solid understanding of legal matters involving structuring and operation of structured finance transactions
- Ability to collaborate with others as well as work independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to make objective, ethical decisions; and develop independent opinions and defend those views in a professional manner
- Prioritize and balance multiple projects and tasks with a high degree of accuracy and timely delivery