Structured Finance Association
We are looking for an engaging, energetic, and organized individual to support SFA in its day-to-day activities. The Administrative Assistant is a high-impact position within the SFA team that works directly with the organization’s executive leadership as well as represents the organization externally to SFA’s member firms. The successful candidate will possess the necessary skills to react with appropriate urgency to situations that require quick turnaround, take effective action, and proactively solve problems. A keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple requests simultaneously is required. The Administrative Assistant is an integral member of the SFA staff and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver with strong communication skills and impeccable attention to detail. The ability to multitask, manage complex schedules, and meet challenging deadlines is essential to the position.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements, calendars, and meetings (including taking minutes when needed) for executive team
- Schedule committee & task force meetings with SFA members
- Prepare and modify documents, including correspondence, presentations, and reports for executive team
- Manage executive communications, both internally and externally, to maintain professional image, including responding to general company inquiry phone calls and email correspondence
- Support SFA meetings and events through the assembly and timely shipping of all meeting materials, coordinating of prep calls, responding to general event inquiry phone calls and email correspondence, and other tasks on an ad hoc basis
- Assist with the collection and deposit of checks in a timely manner
- Assist in other departmental projects as needed
- Collect and distribute mail, and maintain electronic filing systems
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including mailing, scanning, and copying
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate records within our CRM tool
- Supervise maintenance of all office equipment and drive resolution of all IT issues with Technical Support
- Maintaining office supply inventory and anticipating needed supplies
- Welcoming onsite visitors and coordinating with building security
The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and there may be other activities you are required to deliver depending on business needs.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Top-notch organizational skills with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time-sensitive projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, with confidence interacting with all levels of an organization both orally and in writing
- Highly motivated self-starter who is accountable and willing to carry out a wide range of activities
- Proficient Microsoft Office and office equipment (phone and voicemail systems, copiers, scanners, etc.) skills, as well as a working knowledge of mail processes such as FedEx and UPS
- Adaptable, collaborative, and composed under pressure
- Experience working in a membership organization
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experience with workplace productivity platforms such as Asana and Formstack
An undergraduate degree is required.
Structured Finance Association (SFA) is a member-based, industry advocacy group focused on improving and strengthening the structured finance market to helps its 370 institutional members and public policymakers grow credit availability and the real economy in a responsible manner while safeguarding essential protections for consumers and the financial system. SFA provides an inclusive network for capital markets and lending professionals to collaborate and, as industry leaders, drive necessary changes, be an advocate for the securitization community on Capitol Hill, share best practices and innovative ideas, and educate industry members through conferences and other programs. Members of SFA represent all sectors of the structured finance market including financial institutions, asset managers, insurance companies, broker-dealers, credit rating agencies, accounting firms, data and analytic firms, law firms, servicers, and trustees. Further information can be found at https://structuredfinance.org/.
WHAT SFA OFFERS
Our benefits package reflects our commitment to an inclusive workplace where you have access to the tools and support you need to do your best work. In addition to a competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus, we are proud to offer the following:
- Four (4) weeks of vacation/personal days and five (5) sick days annually
- Paid time off for observed holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth National Independence Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Business days between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Paid family and medical leave benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision benefits
- Life and Disability plans
We are committed to creating a workplace culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and are empowered to contribute to SFA’s vision and goals. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The subject line should read “Administrative Assistant.”
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Recruiters – please do not contact